Monday, October 21, 2013

10.21 - Cubano

Had a friend in my trading group stop by Cigar City a little while back, ask if anyone wanted anything..  I took a look at the list of what's available, and being a coffee beer fiend, I had him grab me a 4pk of this and damn, am I glad I did! (the tulip in the back - 7eventh Sun Brewery - was thrown in as an extra )


Cigar City - Cubano-style Espresso
a 5.5% ABV 25 IBU Brown Ale with vanilla, cocoa and coffee beans added.  In Florida, apparently Cubano-style espresso is a popular drink (woulda thunk?)  As expected it pours a rich brown/black and has a slightly off-white head.  It's got a crap-ton of lactose sweetness on the nose with amazing espresso/iced coffee notes.. like I feel like I'm inhaling pure coffee beans.  This has far more body that you'd believe is in a 5.5% beer.. there's huge espresso flavors with rich, smooth, sweet vanilla and just a hint of roasty chocolate.  I have ZER0 clue what actual Cubano espresso is like.. but if it's half as good as this beer, I would crush cups of it morning, noon, and night.  The sweetness with subtle roast and a huge body for such a small beer.. just phenomenal.

- - 9 Hops!


No comments:

Post a Comment