Friday, May 4, 2012

May the 4th Be With You!

Yep.. I just made the Star Wars pun..  don't hate!  I'm backing it up..  by drinking a Star Wars themed beer.  What's that you ask...  yep, I got you interested now huh!?

Keep you hanging on....

Ok fine...

New England Brewing Co's - Imperial Stout Trooper!  (or is it the Storm Trooper you're looking for?...  we're they wearing funny glasses?  oh, OK, they were?  then yes, this is the one you're looking for!)  a beast at 9.2% ABV and 50 IBUs..  never heard of the brewery before and some awesome gals reserved a bottle for me without me even asking!  I feel so special!  A blacker-than-black pour with a fluffy chocolate head..  the nose on this is intense.. tons of roasted/burnt malts, black chocolate, espresso and a heavy dose of booze.  Taste follows suit, but with the booze kick right up front..  Drink this on the cold end folks.. when it warms it's like a strong Black Russian - pure vodka booze taste.  Underlying chocolate malts with hints of bourbon, vanilla, smoke, espresso, oak and toffee.  Crazy huge taste, crazy huge booze..  I guess that goofy nose is hiding alcohol behind..  Thanks, CBC!

No comments:

Post a Comment