Monday, April 30, 2012

Random Monday Night

Not enough cash to go out, plus I'm exhausted..  so let's drink in!

Dogfish Head - Robert Johnson Hellhound on My Ale.  A tribute to old-school bluesman Robert Johnson, who would have been 100 last year and his 'Hellhound on My Trail' song.  For the 100th mark, they made a 10.0% ABV 100 IBU brew with 100% Centennial hops at 100 kilos/100 barrel.. to accentuate, they added lemon peel and flesh (also a tribute to Johnson's mentor - Blind Lemon Jefferson ) - thanks, Dogfish Head website!  Hugely fluffy head and a nice golden orange/yellow color..  the malts hit the nose first.. faint but sweet..  bright hoppy notes here - citrus, grapefruit.  Don't think the age coulda affected this.. only a few months old, but the taste is straight-up kick-you-in-your-nuggets booze!  Some malts here n there, caramel mainly, and twangs of hoppy bitterness in between the vodka-like bite...  When I could taste beer, it had that characteristic Dogfish note..  again, I doubt age could've played a role here.. but I've only read good reviews..  hmmmm?

No comments:

Post a Comment