Friday, August 23, 2013

8.23 - Friday Night is My Morning

Intros suck.  I'm either feeling the creative flow.. or I'm not.  I'm not really right now, so suck it, Trebek. Here's the beer


Central Waters Brewing - Peruvian Morning (2012)
an 8.5% ABV Imperial Stout aged in bourbon barrels with freshly roasted Peruvian coffee (roasted in the US)  Slightly scared here.. bought from a cellar sale and almost everyone I've talked to had an infected bottle.  Here goes nothing!  Rich coffee black pour with a very thin head.. pours very light for a so-called Imperial Stout.. hell even 8.5% is low for an 'Imperial'  but hey..  whatever, man.  The nose on this is nothing shy of phenomenal..  rich, fresh brewed espresso with tons of vanilla and a subtle bourbon oak note.  The 'lightness' follows through to the body.. it drinks like a normal porter.. but with way, way more to it.  It tastes exactly how you'd expect having smelled this brew.  Amazing roasted espresso flavors mingle with vanilla cream notes, chocolate malts.. toffee, plum/raisin fruit notes, brown sugar..  all with the underlying oaky bourbon bite.  It's very subtle which is a nice departure from some of the BB beers you'll encounter.  There was a slight off taste to this.. but it seemed to be a sour funk.. and only very very slight.  It may or may not be infected.. but I ain't tasting anything that wouldn't make me want to dump even a drop down the drain.  The roasty sweet finish makes me sad this is only a 12oz bottle!  (totally contrary to everything I've said lately..  oh well!)

- - 9 Hops!

No comments:

Post a Comment