Tuesday, December 4, 2012

12.4.12 - SOA and Stone

Folks.. if you don't watch Sons of Anarchy, what in the everloving Christ is wrong with you!?  OK OK.. I'll give you time to go catch up.. but by the start of season 6, ya'll better be on top of that shit!  Being able to watch, honest-to-God, one of the most amazingly written shows of my generation, as it airs..  I feel rather lucky.  Sounds cheesy, but the characters, the struggles..  it speaks to me.  It drags me in..  


A beer with the namesake as to how I'm feeling lately.. and the balls to be worthy of the SOA season finale. Stone - Lukcy 13asartd (aka Lucky Bastard) - re-release.  Originally brewed in 2010 for the 13th anniversary of the release of Arrogant Bastard..  there was so much demand they brewed it again.  an 8.5% ABV American Strong..  this should be a force to be reckoned with.  Rich ruby brown pour.. minimal head that left amazing lacing.  Strong alcoholic malts on the notes.. touches of black cherries, plum, figs.. vanilla and oak., caramel and roasted malts..  all subtle, but all huge.  The first thing to hit your tongue is that typical Stone hop profile..  from their IPA to the richest RIS, all Stone's seem to have the same hop profile.  Not that it's a bad thing..  dark fruits and the alcohol bite come into play next.. an underlying earthiness from the oak and some hops.   Citrusy, caramel..  the booze comes around as it warms.  A great brew..  it, however, doesn't separate itself from it's brethren that much.  A touch of oak here.. a little more booze there..  not even a great amalgamation of the family..  Don't get me wrong.. it's damned lovely, but not very well-refined. That being said.. I'm still lukcy, err, lucky, for the chance to try this as I had no idea about it 2010.. and also for everything else in my life..  reflect people, take the time, it's worth it.
- - 7 Hops

No comments:

Post a Comment