Sunday, July 29, 2012

GASP! Wine!

My, oh my!  Another post about wine!  These are few and far between..  I do have some nice (and fairly standard) wines,  and try some from time to time.. but if you know me, you've heard me say how much easier it is to try new beers than new wines despite me loving wine.  So when I get the chance to open a bottle, you better believe I'll talk about it!


Chateau Bel Air - Bordeaux Superior 2005 Vintage

82% Merlot, 11% Cabernet Franc and 7% Cabernet Sauvignon and a great value at Costco suprisingly!  Fairly nice nose, heavy on the dark fruits - blackberry, cherry, plum.. warming to some deep earthy notes and hints of vanilla.  Although big on the nose, this was a rather light bodied, dare I say watery, wine.  Decent acidity and tannins here, medium amount of the 'lip pucker.'  Again, dark fruits are very foward and the finish is just a touch dry.  I've been sitting on this for a few years now, would be tough to find again, but would be a steal if you could!  Great flavor and balance at an unbeatable price

No comments:

Post a Comment