Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Brash Comes to MA

Got word of this brewery through Clown Shoes, they were doing a collabo with them.  Come to find out, they are who allowed this brewery to get going.  Brainchild of a Texas pub owner who needed to find a spot to brew due to beer laws, Brash found a home in MA.  This is their first official solo release.. enjoyed it at the release party at Deep Ellum...


The Bollocks!  An American Imperial IPA - 12.0% freaking ABV.  DAMN!  Sweet caramel malts, candied orange peel that fights with huge amounts of citrus, grapefruit and piney hops.  This smells simply amazing.  For 12.0% ABV, this goes down far far too easily.  I had to warn the other people around me that ordered it.  I needed water and food or I'd be on my ass in 5 minutes.  This is just damned good.  Thick and syrupy, but smooth and bright at the same time, rich caramel and toffee fade rather quickly into the hop profile of this beer, which soon takes over.  After the first few minutes, this beer becomes all hop.. and I mean all: piney, citrus, grapefruit, grassy..  just damned good.  There is zero sign of the alcohol, which is crazy scary and very very impressive.  This is a great beer through and through, even more so knowing its the first release.  I can't wait to see more of what Brash offers!

No comments:

Post a Comment