Monday, June 4, 2012

Homebrew Cider

Once again.. it's nice to know other homebrewers!  Out of the beers I was given a few months back, it's time to try some homebrewed cider!




For the life of me I cannot 
remember the difference between these.. I think it was just a difference of when they were brewed though.. hmm...  Either way, they were vastly different, as evident from the pictures.  The first one looked more like a Woodchuck Pear Cider..super pale, wicked faint nose.  Sadly this one came out like watered-down apple juice.  Wasn't terrible, but not great really either..  The 2nd one had a bit more traditional cider look and a bigger nose.  This one actually had faint spice in the nose and taste, fuller body.. would have maybe considered this to be a brewer's first test batch for a production cider maybe..  Could use a bit more body, alcohol bite and spice..


I hear cider is tough to pull off at home.. any thoughts??

No comments:

Post a Comment