Tuesday, September 10, 2013

9.10 - Stone and Deer Piss

Sometimes I just sit on my beers too fucking long.  This is one of those times.  I'm a dumbass.  Enough said.


Stone Brewing Collab - Japanese Green Tea IPA ( Baird and Ishii breweries - Japan & Guam )
a 9.2% ABV DIPA brewed as a fundraiser with proceeds going towards the Japan tsunami relief funds.. yes, this is that old.  Japan tsunami of 2011 old.  wow.  oops.  A bright golden yellow pour as thick as orange juice with almost no head.   Faded citrus hops notes with some mellow floral, herbal tea aromas.  I think the age may have affected this one a bit.  Wheaty and cracker malts hit first with some smooth, pleasant citrus hops up front that transition to a juice-like citrus profile infused with herbal tea notes.  I'm no tea fan, but this works nicely.  I imagine the hops and herbal notes would be far sharper and clean if I had this anywhere within even the first 12 months..  tis the fate I'm bound to endure with so many goddamn beers.
Still very nice.. because I don't dig tea, I'm ok with the level of 'tea-ness' this presents.

- - 8 Hops!




Ghost Pale Ale ( DeerDummy Beer ) - Minhas Brewery
a 5.0% ABV Pale Ale - contract brew for the DeerDummy website.  In a trade with a good partner, I was extra'd a goddamn Surly Darkness (fuckin seriously?) and to balance it out, he threw in this lovely gem.  He called it Deer Piss Beer.  Well, it fuckin reeks of corn and adjuncts.  Huge oxidization aroma..   semi-sweet body, but all corn.  Skunky, watery, harshly bitter in the bad way.  I dumped 1/2 of it  (yes, I choked down half!  I'm a trooper)   Funny funny guy...
well I got a Darkness out of the deal.. I guess I deserved a shit beer to balance it out!

- - 1 Hop!  ( because it was fuckin free )


No comments:

Post a Comment