Monday, July 1, 2013

7.1 - Foursquare? Four Square? Four Squared?

Holy shit.. we're now onto the 2nd half of 2013..   I don't know what sort of a lead-in that can be for this beer, I just wanted to make everyone aware of that.  


Real Ale Brewing - Four Squared 4^2 Dry Hopped Blonde Ale
they apparently take their Fireman's #4 Blonde Ale and add more malt, plus dry hop the titties off this one. Personally, I love the clarity of the picture I took for this one.. but I digress...  Golden wheat in color with a great, long-lasting head and bright, sunny hop aroma.  Citrus and lemon peel, some faint grassy and floral hops.. this smells like springtime in a can!  It's faintly bready in the malt department with some lighter toasted and faintly sweet honey malts holding up a medium body..  some wheat.. but the star is the hops here.  Not overly citrusy, not overly bitter, or floral.. great complexity but great balance (albiet a little too carbonated for my liking - but that's a minor criticism).  Very bright taste, the springtime sunshine euphemism really comes through here.  Definition of a lawnmower beer!

- - 8 Hops!

No comments:

Post a Comment