Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Happy Wednesday!

YAY Wednesday!  Happy Hump Day and Happy Finally-Doing-Work Day!  See...at my job, I have two roles.  1-I'm a lab manager... 2-I'm also a researcher   (infectious disease research lab)  For the past few months, while getting research projects in line, I've been occupied with learning the managerial side of things.  FINALLY I was able to start up some bench work and moving towards my research project! YAY!  And what better way to celebrate than a celebration beer itself?!



Otter Creek - 20th Anniversay Ale   A massive tribute to their flagship brew: Copper Ale.  And by massive I mean 55 IBUs and 12.0% ABV massive..  BOOM!  And killer packaging as well. Their copper ale put them on the map and this one crumples the map into a little ball then lights it on fire.  A dark copper (duh) brown pour with a slight head and right off the bat the alcohol  jumps out to tear your nose off!  Hugely caramel and vanilla malts twist with some fruity notes on the nose.  And holy hell, the taste it utterly sweet...like a barleywine minus some hoppiness and bitterness.  The sweetness seems to lend itself to melted toffee and thick maple syrup.  More vanilla, rich plum and blackberry notes and just a bit of piney hops round our this beer. Incredibly smooth..scary smooth...  the alcohol barely comes through, even when it warms.  This is dangerous, as any celebration should be!  Nice job, OC and nice job to me!  (now let's hope the experiment didn't fail!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment