Saturday, November 16, 2013

11.16 - Shaken to the Bone

Drinks at a brewer's apartment?  Bring beer!  Not like there won't be enough there... right?


Moat Mountain Smoke House & Brewing Company - Moat Bone Shaker Brown
a 5.5% ABV English-style Brown Ale.  12 oz can?  fuck off.  this right here is a bomber in a can.  a Comber..  wait.. that sounds stupid.  Ok, just a 22oz can.  Yeah, that works!  When one can isn't enough and you just really can't be bothered double fisting.  Ok.. this post is already getting weird.   Well then.  The beer.. right!  I'm not sure what the hell it looked like since I pounded this fucker straight from the can.. I'm guessing it was brown.  good guess?  It probably had some sort of head too.. and smelled like a brown.  I think I'm 3-for-3 so far!  What matters here is the taste.. cause that's all I can really judge.  It's smooth, light, sweet..  caramel and nutty malts.. slight toasty notes.  This is solid.. this is crushable, this is tasty, this is a huge beer for a great value.  There simply are not enough solid Brown Ales.  This is legit

- - 8 Hops!

No comments:

Post a Comment