Friday, August 13, 2010

Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout!

Already?  I'm on a drunken roll!  Sat down to watch the Pat's pre-season opener and had to enjoy a drink while doing so! Definitely wanted to try one of the Samuel Smith's and have only heard people talk about the Oatmeal Stout...so why not be a follower and just go with the flow!




OHHHH BOYYYYYY!  Definitely one of my favorite beers to date!  Insanely dark, rich pour with a thick head, kinda like a root beer float.  Unique aroma, not much noticeable hoppiness..kinda nutty, chocolatey.  But the taste...oh, the taste!  Like a mini lightning storm in my mouth!!  It tingled!!  Such a smooth beer, almost no bitterness.  I could taste some dark chocolate, a bit of rich black coffee and from sip to sip, a little vanilla or toffee.  At times it seemed like a fizzy french roast, other times I thought I was drinking an alcoholic root beer float, like a Brigham's treat for growned up people!  No real after taste, yet a little tingling-y fizziness would linger from time to time.  Overall, for my first oatmeal stout, let alone stout in general, I'm very very impressed.  Gotta try it again, for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment